Take flight with us!
Louisville's elite flight training center.
Learn to fly the most popular
aircraft in the world!
Learn to fly helicopters!
Contact us to set up a
Demo Flight today!
Private Pilot Course
You have taken your discovery flight and are interested in learning to fly. The first step is the Private Pilot certificate that enables you to fly with passengers but not for hire. Many people perceive learning to fly as difficult, but with one of our experienced instructors along with a structured syllabus, we can train anyone to live their dream of flying. We will meet with you and discuss the best course of action by tailoring your training to accommodate your busy schedule and ability. The FAA requires 40 hours minimum to obtain your license, however the national average is between 60 and 70 hours. We understand that everyone learns differently and with our experience, we will train according to the syllabus, but at the most efficient rate for the student to learn. The amount of time it takes to become proficient, depends on the students’ dedication, background and availability.
- You must be 17 years of age or older.
- You must be able to read, speak and understand the English language.
- You must pass a 60 question computerized multiple-choice knowledge test based on the ground training you received and score at least a 70%.
- You must log 40 hours total time, 20 of which must be flight training and 10 solo time.
- During this time you will need to accomplish the following:
– 3 hours of cross country flight training
– 3 hours of training to fly solely by reference to the instruments
– 3 hours of night flying experience consisting of: 10 take off and landings to a full stop and a cross country trip of over 100 nautical miles 5 hours of solo cross country time with one trip being 150 miles with
– 5 hours of solo cross country time
Once completed, you will then take a “check ride” with an FAA Designated Pilot Examiner. This includes an oral exam by the examiner and a flight test where you demonstrate your proficiency in the plane.
Private Pilot Training Costs
This course is intended for those serious about learning to fly and want to get it done fast and efficiently. This course will take you from zero time to private pilot using scenario based training to make it fun and efficient. This course includes:
- 40 Hours of Flight Time including
– Local Training
– Cross Country
- 30 Hours with a Flight Instructor
- Private Pilot Ground School
- Written Exam
Cessna 172M – See below
Cirrus Aircraft – Call for Pricing.
(Price does not include Examiners Fee of approximately $350.00)
Multi-Engine Private Pilot Add-On Coming Soon
40 HOURS OF FLIGHT TIME INCLUDING:
30 HOURS DUAL FLIGHT INSTRUCTION,
and 10 HOURS SOLO TIME
ADDITIONAL COSTS TO OBTAIN PRIVATE PILOT LICENSE
|Private Pilot Study Materials Kit||$400.00|
|Pilot Headsets (David Clark's)||$306.00 - We offer loaners on a first come/first serve basis.|
|FAA Medical Exam (by AME)||$85.00|
|Private Pilot Written Exam||$150.00|
|FAA Private Pilot checkride||$300.00|
ESTIMATED COST TO OBTAIN A PRIVATE PILOT LICENSE
|*Estimated cost based on FAA minimums. It may take longer than 40 hours to obtain your PPL.||$7,141.00|