Take flight with us!
Louisville's elite flight training center.
Learn to fly the most popular
aircraft in the world!
Learn to fly helicopters!
Contact us to set up a
Demo Flight today!
Private Pilot Course
You have taken your discovery flight and are interested in learning to fly. The first step is the Private Pilot certificate that enables you to fly with passengers but not for hire. Many people perceive learning to fly as difficult, but with one of our experienced instructors along with a structured syllabus, we can train anyone to live their dream of flying. We will meet with you and discuss the best course of action by tailoring your training to accommodate your busy schedule and ability. The FAA requires 40 hours minimum to obtain your license, however the national average is between 60 and 70 hours. We understand that everyone learns differently and with our experience, we will train according to the syllabus, but at the most efficient rate for the student to learn. The amount of time it takes to become proficient, depends on the students’ dedication, background and availability.
- You must be 17 years of age or older.
- You must be able to read, speak and understand the English language.
- You must pass a 60 question computerized multiple-choice knowledge test based on the ground training you received and score at least a 70%.
- You must log 40 hours total time, 20 of which must be flight training and 10 solo time.
- During this time you will need to accomplish the following:
– 3 hours of cross country flight training
– 3 hours of training to fly solely by reference to the instruments
– 3 hours of night flying experience consisting of: 10 take off and landings to a full stop and a cross country trip of over 100 nautical miles 5 hours of solo cross country time with one trip being 150 miles with
– 5 hours of solo cross country time
Once completed, you will then take a “check ride” with an FAA Designated Pilot Examiner. This includes an oral exam by the examiner and a flight test where you demonstrate your proficiency in the plane.
Private Pilot Training Costs
ESTIMATED COST TO OBTAIN A PRIVATE PILOT LICENSE
This course is intended for those serious about learning to fly. This course will take you from zero time to private pilot using scenario based training to make it fun and efficient. This course includes:
Cessna 172M – See chart below
|20 Flight Hours with an Authorized Instructor (Cessna 172M)||$207.07/hour||$4,141.40|
|20 Solo Flight Hours (Cessna 172M)||$150.42/hour||$3,008.40|
|Estimated Additional Expenses:|
5 Hours Ground Instruction, Study
Materials, Equipment, Ground School Course, FAA Written Exam, Checkride Expenses, Medical Exam
|ESTIMATION is based on FAA minimum requirements of 40 hours. Note: national average is between 60-75 hours. (Prices are informative estimations)||$9,208.89|
*Note: All Training Costs may vary on Dedication and Commitment of the Student
For an advanced training experience, we offer aircraft with enhanced digital instrument panels. For more details, please contact us.
ESTIMATED COST IN THE ADVANCED AIRCRAFT
Diamond DA-40: $11,497.89
Cirrus Aircraft: starting at $16,965.72